Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thank You

I work because I am compelled to work.
I feel like I have purpose when I work.
I feel proud when I work.
I feel like I am making a difference when I work.
I feel like I am showing my kids what it means to contribute when I work.
I don't feel like I am working, I feel like I am participating.

There are people I meet through work who change me.
There are people I meet through work who never leave me.
Sometimes these people overwhelm me.

In the face of dying they are open.
In the face of fear they inspire courage.
In the face of uncertainty they find peace.
In the face of terror they are humble.

Thank you to those who have made me believe that I can do this work.
Thank you to those who have told me that I am good at this work.
Thank you to those who have set an example of what it means to live.
Thank you to those who have let me in.

I am humbled,
I am in awe.
I am inspired.

Thank you for changing me in all the ways I always wanted to change.









No comments:

Post a Comment