Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life on a Little Corn

Life on a Little Corn isn't too shabby. Yesterday we had a game of coconut catch. We hiked the beach and trails to the northeastern part of the Island to a private, little beach. In lieu of a ball we grabbed a coconut and had us a game of catch. Henry, being a true boy, in the wacking, ball loving, wrestling sense, loved it. And, the best part of using a coconut as a ball is that they float. So, Henry can loft it into the water and up it will come.. right back to his awaiting hands. The sea was turquoise and the beach was all ours.





Our place has $2 rum drinks from 5-7 pm. They feature some house specials. One in particular that has struck my fancy is the Casa Caipirinha. Oh boy, its awesome! A little sugar and two limes thrown into the bottom of a class, then crushed up together, then add ice, 2 shots of rum, some pear juice and you got yourself one hell of a drink. My other island favorite is the Pina Colada at this place down the beach.... theirs is topped with roasted, sweet coconut shavings. It's devine. I just dont think that life is going to be this way when we get back.

Turquoise waters.. oh, and this is the view from our bungalow!

Speaking of which, letting go is hard. Its been a bit of a struggle negotiating the ending of this trip. Now when I say struggle, lets keep it in perspective- no major life threatening illnesses or catastrophic natural events or poverty... so when I say struggle its all relative. Tomorrow is the last full day of our trip. On Tuesday (Jan 17th) we will take a boat and two planes and land back in Atlanta. I am beyond grateful for my time off, time with my men and all that we have taken in. Life is better when you get to see how other people live. Its been amazing. I am sad to see it end.

This is one I'll hold on to... always!


As Henry says "bye-bye, ciao, ciao!"

No comments:

Post a Comment